Do enough searches online and you can find a virtual goldmine of information to enrich your relationship. Recently on reddit, we stumbled upon an absolute treasure trove of helpful questions that everyone should talk about and answer before deciding to get married. In all, there were 83 questions, but we won’t go into each and everyone. We’ll only say that they’re broken down into the categories of Work, Home, Relationship History, Sex, Health, and Appearance.
Here are 12 of our favorites.
1. “What does your job entail? (For example, do you often travel for business, work at home, perform dangerous tasks?)”
2. “Is it important to have your own private home, or do you prefer apartment or condo living, with a management company responsible for the maintenance? Are you a do-it yourselfer, or would you rather hire professionals? Do you prefer to clean your own home or hire a housekeeper?”
3. “If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?”
4. “When was the first time you felt that you were in love with another person? What happened in that relationship, and how have you come to terms with it?”
5. “What is the longest relationship you have ever had prior to this one? Why did it end, and what lesson did you learn?”
6. “Have you ever had a live-in partner? Why did you choose to live together instead of marrying? What did your experience teach you about the importance of marriage and about commitment?
7. “What do you need in order to be in the mood for sex?”
8. “What sexual activities do you enjoy the most? Are there specific sexual acts that make you uncomfortable?”
9. “Do you consider yourself an addictive personality, and have you ever suffered from an addiction? Have you ever been told you have an addiction problem, even though you might disagree?”
10. “Do you believe it is a sacred responsibility to take care of yourself? Do you believe that taking care of your physical and mental health is a part of honoring your marriage vows?”
11. “How important is your spouse’s appearance? Do you have strong preferences about being with a particular physical type?”
12. “Do you take medication?”
While the questions above are very important to answer before getting married, don’t feel limited to these. For the full list, which includes about 71 more, click here.[Image via Flickr Creative Commons]