Good relationship advice can be like gold to a person, who wants the most out of their marriage or relationship, to the point where it seems like there never is enough. But sometimes the bond is broken, and you have to find a way to pick up the pieces. As an online divorce site, we realize that as much as anyone. That’s why we’re bringing you some of the healthiest ways that you can get over someone, as shared by the relationship_advice subreddit. Let’s get started!
1. “Look for those who really care about you. Go out, see new places, meet new people. Work out a lot. Don’t be afraid to cry and feel bad sometimes, we all need those moments, but do not let them take over you.”
2. “… time will help get you through it. Also, get out of the house. Even if you just go get a sandewhich or a cup of coffee, do something that requires you to leave home for a little bit. Most places have free newspapers. Flip through one while you enjoy your sandwhich. Go take in a movie. Organize your room. There are plenty of little things you can do that will help put your mind at ease and make the days go quicker. ”
3. “Cut off all contact with the ex. Just forget her. She’s gone. That ship has sailed. … Start talking to a TON of other girls. Just meeting as many as you can. Be outgoing. Find new girls to be interested in. Go out dancing. Be social. Go out of your comfort zone to approach girls and take a chance.” (ED. NOTE: No reason why the same couldn’t work for women.)
4. “I worked out a lot. Initially it was the ‘if she sees me, she’ll be like awwwww too bad i left him’ but then it became a reason to take better care of myself. It helped me work out a lot of aggression and emotions.”
5. “Always remember that living well is the best revenge. Be a boss of the situation. Just … own it. Fix up, look sharp, go out and talk to new girls. Don’t sit and feel sorry for yourself.”
What do you think are some healthy ways to get over a breakup? Sound off in our comments section![Image via Flickr Creative Commons]